If you want to supportAustralian designed AND Australian Made small businesses – then you must tryWAHM (Working at Home Maker) nappies. These are the most ethically made nappies you will find out there which means they can be a little pricey and hard to source too!
These hand made works of art are the epitome of love, dedication and constant refining from the maker(usually a mumma or grandma) and it’s what sets them apart from mass produced factory made nappies! With so many WAHM brands out there and growing by the daychoosing one to support can be quite overwhelming!
Typically, WAHM brands have limited capacity for creating large quantities of nappies, so a small quantity of nappies are released using a ballot type system every so often via their website or VIP group on Facebook! It can be very exciting waiting to find out if you were chosen and disappointing too if you miss out – it's another hurdle for a potential buyer. Then you have the postage costs adding up each time you buy becauseunlike factory made nappies most WAHM nappies arenotfound in one store.
This is why I created the WAHM Nappy trial kit – to help you find the right nappy for your baby– saving you money, time and hassle while supporting a well deserving WAHM with (hopefully) a larger order - A win for everyone!
Your WAHM nappy Trial kit will be made of brands that have been around for over 10 years as well as some relative newcomers who are hoping to build their brand!It’s easy to make a fully informed decision when you have 15 of the best WAHM brands to try on YOUR baby and compare them side by sidefor full 4 weeks and it’s only setting you back $140 (less if you live in a local council that offers a subsidy or rebate!
Don’t worry if you don’t know which WAHM nappies to choose or if you want a mix of WAHM and factory made nappies – Just leave a note at check out andI will get in touch with you to personalise your selection of nappies to suit your bub.
If you are a WAHMnappy extraordinaire then why not get in touch (email email@example.com or use FB Messenger) and I would be delighted to purchase your nappies to put them in this WAHM nappy library toget your brand out there and support your small business!
WAHM Nappy Brands currently available (in Alphabetical Order):
Bibs n Buns
Bizaar Bibs ‘n’ Bums
Created by Katy
Ella & Maeve
Fe Fi Fo Bum
Fox and The Kid
Hey Penny Designs
House of Bwokie
Kat’s Creative Mcn’s
Moon Child Modern Cloth Nappies
Mum2Bum By Mel
Pudding & Pie MCNs
Rikki Roo Designs
Sew Sweet Creations
Squishy’s got Style
Sustainable Hemp Products (SHP)
The Nappy Guru
Hire fee is $140 for 4 weeks hire + postage (or free pick up from Mt Nasura WA).
Get in touch or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to customise your order with any particular brands. Also included as part of the hire service:
1 x Strucketwith Lid (Strainer bucket system for easy cleaning and dry pailing of nappies) *
4.Brand Preferences (if any) or brands you want excluded
5. Your local council (currently City of Vincent, Town of Cambridge, City of Cockburn offer subsidies and City of Fremantle, City of Melville, City of Armadale, Town of East Fremantle, Town of Bassendean and City of Bayswater in WA offer rebates for nappy hire)
6. Date and Place of the Nappy Workshop you attended if claiming a subsidy/rebate
7. Your Washing Machine Make and Model and the Washingdetergent (see recommended list in photos).
1. Bond: You can choose to pay the bond ($100) only and pay the hire fee and delivery fees closer to your hire date. The bond is returned once the kit is received in acceptable condition. You will have the option to purchase items from the hire kit with your bond to continue your nappy journey after hire. Items available for purchase with bond include: The strucket, microfleece liners, Reusable wipes, wetbags, silicone poo brush and laundry mesh bag, extra inserts and swim nappy. You must pay the remaining $140 ( for 4 weeks hire) + postage at least 7 days prior to date you require the nappy kit. You agree to the Nappy Hire Terms and Conditions when you purchase this product: https://thenappyguru.com.au/nappy-hire-terms-conditions/
2. Hire Duration: Hire duration is 4 weeks standard. You can extend hire at $30/week as required.
3. Shipping. Due to bulk of the hire kit, Free shipping does not apply to this product. Free pick up is available from Mt Nasura WA 6112 however If you like the convenience of delivery and live in any Metro areas of Australia choose "Metro" and we will send via Sendle or Couriers Please costing approx $15. For out of metro areas/PO boxes/Parcel Lockers - we use Australia Post costing $30. Within Perth Metro we offer a delivery and demo service (45 mins) for $100 - a great option for parents if they cannot get to a workshop. Delivery fees must be paid before dispatch.
Rebates and Subsidies: Residents of City of Cockburn, City of Vincent , City of Armadale, City of Fremantle, City of Melville, Town of East Fremantle, Town of Bassendean, City of Bayswater, Town of Victoria Park and Town of Cambrige are eligible for rebate or Subsidy nappy hire once they attend a Modern Cloth Nappy workshopprovided by their council or presented by The Nappy Guru. Keep an eye out on our Facebook page for the next workshop! The applicant must pay the minimum of $100 Bond which acts as the booking fee directly to The Nappy Guru to confirm the booking. Cloth Nappy Hire Subsidy or rebate through a local council effectively work out to be very low cost for the family once the nappies are returned in reasonable condition (see our Nappy Hire Terms & Conditions for more on reasonable condition).
Councils offering rebates require you to download the invoice and attach it with supporting documentation to claim your rebate. Those councils that offer nappy hire subsidies will pay The Nappy Guru directly and we will refund you the amount of the subsidy once it approved.
If you are a resident of a council that does NOT offer a subsidy or rebates as yet – why not write to get them on board? Use thislettertemplatewith all the facts and figures to send toyour local Councillor or waste officer.
Are hired/second hand nappies safe for my baby?
All nappies are professionally cleaned between hires as per the Strip and Sanitise method recommended byClean Cloth Nappies.comfor your peace of mind! This involves using dilute bleach and/or 95 deg Celcius wash that will eliminate 99.95% of all bacteria/virus and fungal infections. The nappies would have been washed minimum of 3 times before they come to you.
When should I book this kit? These kits are suitable for children who have reached 5-6kgs or more. Suggest booking your kit after your baby is out of newborn nappies. There are 6 brand trial kits available currently. If a kit is not available for the time you require - your $100 bond will be refunded. Change of mind after the kit has been picked up or received will NOT be refunded.
When will I receive my hire kit? Your hire kit will be dispatched to be received within 1-3 business days from the start date you have chosen if all information and payments have been received 7 days prior. Please email photos of your washing machine control panel and washing detergent (see recommended list from Cleanclothnappies.com). It may take upto 5-10 business days for your package to arrive by Australia Post or Courier for Out of state deliveries and during peak times such as Christmas and due to high volume during natural disasters or pandemics. Unfortunately postal delays are out of our control. We strongly suggest you have disposable nappies as back up for these circumstances.
When do I return the kit? Return of the hire kit is your responsibility. You will need to book a courier such as couriers please or sendle.com.au or drop off your kit at Australia Post or at Nappy Guru HQ in Mount Nasura WA. You have extra week after hire date is completed to wash dry pack and send your kit on it's way. If you wish to extend your hire you can choose to do so at $30/week.
When will my bond be returned? Your bond will be returned between 1-14 business days if the nappies are returned in acceptable condition minus any purchases. Refer to Terms and Conditions of hire about acceptable condition. Nappy Hire Terms & Conditions
Why are there two website for Nappy Hire by The Nappy Guru? thenappyguru.com.au was set up mainly for the nappy hire and nappy workshops and as an education website in Early 2019. For the retail side of the business this shopify site was launched in September 2020. We plan to run both websites side by side until further notice.