Washing & Care
Washing & Care
Nappies should be free of stains and smells as this indicates a problem with their care.
- Wash nappies thoroughly with a good quality commercial detergent using the full recommended dosage for heavily soiled items.
- We recommend two washes! Prewash (daily or every 2nd day) ie a short wash cycle that lasts 30 mins -1 hour to remove majority of the soiling followed by a Main Wash that lasts 2-3 hours every 2 - 3 days for a deep clean.
- Ensure nappies are washed in warm/hot cycle of 40-60 degrees C. Do not wash nappies at higher than 60 degrees C.
- Air dry nappies in the shade for best results. Frequent use of the drier will shorten the life of nappy elastics and water proofing layer PUL. Inserts may go in the dryer however please note it can cause additional shrinkage to some natural fabrics such as bamboo.
- Ensure washing machines and dryer filters are cleaned out regularly.
Nappies must be washed prior to the first use. This is to ensure the dressing from manufacture are removed from the nappies allowing them to be absorbent. Nappies will increase absorbency over time (maximum absorbency reached within 6-8 washes for our bamboo and hemp inserts).
Additional Washing notes:
Nappies must be washed within 48 hours of use. Leaving nappies wet for days between prewash and main washing will void your warranty. It is also conducive to mould and smells.
Any use of bleach on nappies voids their warranty. We recommend removing stains with a stain removing soap for example sunlight or SARD.
Do not hang nappies in the sun for long periods as it may deteriorate their components.
Use of soap nuts, soap flakes or eco detergents are not recommended as these are insufficient in strength to give a thorough clean to what is essentially a baby toilet and therefore may cause stains, smells and nappy rash in the long run.