Expecting a new baby in the house?Get started with our newborn (NB) kit with over $700 worth of nappies and accessories! This kit consists of 36 nappy changes of four different brands suitable for babies from 2.5kg to 8kg (NB to 8 weeks old). The brands are chosen for quality, type, style and ease of use for first time parents. Included in the newborn kit are the following:
6x NB/Premature sized Pocket/Nappies with upgraded inserts (Brands: Alva Baby NB or Cheeky Bunz NB orElf Diaper NB,)
6 x NB sized All in One (AIO) nappies with velcro closures and bamboo inserts (Brands: Peekaboo NB orBaby Beehinds (Newborn or Small sized) or Bubblebubs Pebbles NB)
6 x larger NB sized Pocket nappies with Double gussets and thirsty inserts (Brands: Minnie and Mae NBor Seedling BabyMini-Fit)
6 x NB sized All in Two (Ai2) nappies (Brands: Alcmena Newborn Nappies or Bare and Boho NB sized nappies) or Katapilla Kids NB Sized Nappies
6 x NB sized wipeable Covers + 12 traditional nappies (Brands: Baby Barehoneypot wraps or Seedling BabyComodo Wrap Mini or Real Nappy Covers with Cotton or Bamboo Flats/Prefolds/Preflats Bubblebubs Bambams)
Get in touch or email me on email@example.com or message me on FB if you wish to customise your order with any particular brands. Also included as part of the hire service:
1 x Strucket (strainer bucket system for easy cleaning and dry pailing of nappies) *
Newborn Hire kits gets booked out many months in advance so book your kit now!
Leave a note at check outwith information such as:
1. Hire Start Date. You can choose to receive your kit few days after your baby is born or even a week or two, or few days before your baby is due. Hire starts the day after the kit is delivered but we can discuss the date closer to the time. As a guide use your Expected Date of Delivery (EDD)
2. Preference of colour scheme, eg Girl/Boy/Neutral,
3. Your local council (currently City of Vincent, City of Cockburn in WA offer subsidies and City of Armadale, City of Melville, City of Fremantle, Town of East Fremantle offers rebates) and date attended workshop if claiming sbusidies and rebates.
4. Washing Machine Make and Model and Washingdetergent from the recommended list for the personalised wash routine.
1. Bond: You can choose to pay the bond ($100) only and pay the hire fee and delivery fees closer to your due date. The bond is returned once the kit is received in acceptable condition. You will have the option to purchase items from the hire kit with your bond to continue your nappy journey after hire. Items available for purchase with bond include: The strucket, microfleece liners, Reusbale wipes, wetbags, breast pads, silicone brush and laundry mesh bag. You must pay the remaining $140 ( for 4 weeks hire) + postage at least 7 days prior to date you require the nappy kit.
2. Hire Duration: Hire duration is 4 weeks standard. You can extend hire at $30/week as required. Extended hire can be paid for in advance for newborn kits at a discounted rate.
3. Shipping. Free pick up is available from Mt Nasura WA 6112 however If you like the convenience of delivery and live in any Metro areas of Australia choose "Metro" and we will send via Sendle or Couriers Please costing approx $15. For out of metro areas - we use Australia Post costing $30. Within Perth Metro we offer a delivery and demo service (45 mins) for $100 - a great option for parents if they cannot get to a workshop.
Rebates and Subsidies:
In WA, residents of City of Cockburn, City of Vincent are eligible for a nappy hire subsidy and residents of City of Armadale, City of Fremantle, City of Melville, Town of East Fremantle are eligible for rebates for nappy hire. Terms and conditions for rebates and subsidies are available from the relevant local council's websites.
For eligiblity most councils require you to attend a Modern Cloth Nappy workshopprovided by the council presented by The Nappy Guru. Keep an eye out on our Facebook page for the next workshop!
The applicant must pay the minimum of $100 Bond which acts as the booking fee directly to confirm the booking. Cloth Nappy Hire Subsidy through a local council effectively work out to be very low cost for the family once the nappies are returned in reasonable condition (see our Nappy Hire Terms & Conditions for more on reasonable condition).
If you are a resident of a council that does NOT offer a subsidy or rebates as yet – why not lobby them to get on board? Use thislettertemplatewith all the facts and figures to send toyour local Councillor or waste officer.
Are hired/second hand nappies safe for my baby?
All nappies are professionally cleaned between hires as per the Strip and Sanitise method recommended byClean Cloth Nappies.comfor your peace of mind! This involves using dilute bleach and/or 95 deg Celcius wash that will eliminate 99.95% of all bacteria/virus and fungal infections.
When should I book this kit? These kits are suitable for children who have reached 6kgs or more. Suggest booking your kit after your baby is out of newborn nappies. There are 6 brand trial kits available currently. If a kit is not available for the time you require - your $100 bond will be refunded. Change of mind after the kit has been picked up or received will be refunded minus administration fees of $50.
When will I receive my hire kit? Your hire kit will be dispatched to be received within 1-3 business days from the start date you have chosen if all information and payments have been received 7 days prior. Please email photos of your washing machine control panel and washing detergent (see recommended list from Cleanclothnappies.com). It may take upto 5-10 business days for your package to arrive by Australia Post or Courier for Out of state deliveries and during peak times such as Christmas and due to high volume during this pandemic. Unfortunately postal delays are out of our control. We strongly suggest you have disposable newborn sized nappies as back up for these circumstances.
When do I return the kit? Return of the hire kit is your responsibility. You will need to book a courier such ascouriers pleaseor sendle.com.auor drop off your kit atAustralia Postor at Nappy Guru HQ in Mount Nasura WA. You have extra week after hire date is completed to wash dry pack and send your kit on it's way with tracking information. If you wish to extend your hire you can choose to by coming here and choosing to extend for $30/week.
When will my bond be returned? Your bond will be returned between 1-14 business days if the nappies are returned in acceptable condition minus any purchases. Refer to Terms and Conditions of hire about acceptable condition. Nappy Hire Terms & Conditions
Why are there two website for Nappy Hire by The Nappy Guru?thenappyguru.com.au was set up mainly for the nappy hire and nappy workshops and as an education website in Early 2019. For the retail side of the business this shopify site was launched in September 2020. We plan to run both websites side by side until further notice.