Expecting a new baby in the house?Get started with our newborn (NB) kit with over $700 worth of nappies and accessories! This kit consists of 36 nappy changes of four or five different brands suitable for babies from 2.5kg to 8kg (NB to 8 weeks old). The brands are chosen for quality, type, style and ease of use for first time parents. Included in the newborn kit are the following:
6x NB/Premature sized Pocket/Nappies with upgraded inserts (Brands: Alva Baby NB or Cheeky Bunz NB orMy Little Gumnut NB,
6 x NB sized All in One (AIO) nappies with velcro closures and bamboo inserts (Brands: Baby Beehinds (Newborn or Small sized) or Bambooty Easydry NB or Bubblebubs Pebbles NB)
6 x larger NB sized Pocket nappies with Double gussets and thirsty inserts (Brands: Minnie and Mae NBor Seedling BabyMini-Fit)
6 x NB sized All in Two (Ai2) nappies (Brands: Alcmena Newborn Nappies or Bare and Boho NB sized nappies) or Katapilla Kids NB Sized Nappies or Designer Bums NB
6 x NB sized wipeable Covers + 12 traditional nappies (Brands: Baby Barehoneypot wraps or Seedling BabyComodo Wrap Mini or Real Nappy Covers Or Cloth Bums NB Covers with Cotton or Bamboo Flats/Prefolds/Preflats Bubblebubs Bambams or Baby Bare Honeypots
Get in touch or email me on email@example.com or message me on FB if you wish to customise your order with any particular brands. Also included as part of the hire service:
1 x Strucket (strainer bucket system for easy cleaning and dry pailing of nappies) *
Newborn Hire kits gets booked out many months in advance so book your kit now!
Leave a note at check outwith information such as:
1. Hire Start Date. You can choose to receive your kit few days after your baby is born or even a week or two, or few days before your baby is due. Hire starts the day after the kit is delivered but we can discuss the date closer to the time. As a guide use your Expected Date of Delivery (EDD)
2. Preference of colour scheme, eg Girl/Boy/Neutral,
3. Your local council (currently City of Vincent, City of Cockburn and Town of Victoria Park in WA offer subsidies and City of Armadale, City of Melville, City of Fremantle, Town of East Fremantle, Town of Bassendean and City of Bayswater offers rebates) and date attended workshop if claiming sbusidies or rebates.
4. Washing Machine Make and Model and Washingdetergent from the recommended list for the personalised wash routine.
1. Bond: You can choose to pay the bond ($100) only and pay the hire fee and delivery fees closer to your due date. The bond is returned once the kit is received in acceptable condition. You will have the option to purchase items from the hire kit with your bond to continue your nappy journey after hire. Items available for purchase with bond include: The strucket, microfleece liners, Reusbale wipes, wetbags, breast pads, silicone brush and laundry mesh bag. You must pay the remaining $200 for 6 weeks hire) + postage at least 7 days prior to date you require the nappy kit. By purchasing this kit, you agree to our terms and conditions of nappy hire: https://thenappyguru.com.au/nappy-hire-terms-conditions/
2. Hire Duration: Hire duration is 6 weeks standard. You can extend hire at $30/week.
3. Shipping. Free delivery for orders over $150 DOES NOT APPLY to this product. Please choose delivery amount and Pay for it - if not paid we will invoice you and await payment before delivery! Pick up is available from Mt Nasura WA 6112 however If you like the convenience of delivery and live in any Metro areas of Australia choose "Metro" and we will send via Sendle or Couriers Please costing approx $15. For out of metro areas - we use Australia Post costing $30. Within Perth Metro we offer a delivery and demo service (45 mins) for $100 - a great option for parents if they cannot get to a workshop.
Rebates and Subsidies:
In WA, residents of City of Vincent & Town of Cambridge are eligible for a nappy hire subsidy and residents of City of Cockburn, Town of Victoria Park, City of Fremantle, City of Melville, Town of East Fremantle, City of Bayswater and Town of Bassendean are eligible for rebates for nappy hire. Terms and conditions for rebates and subsidies are available from the relevant local council's websites.
The applicant must pay the minimum of $100 Bond which acts as the booking fee directly to confirm the booking. Cloth Nappy Hire Subsidy through a local council effectively work out to be very low cost (approx $2.38/day!) for the family once the nappies are returned in reasonable condition (see our Nappy Hire Terms & Conditions for more on reasonable condition).
If you are a resident of a council that does NOT offer a subsidy or rebates as yet – why not try to get them on board? Use thislettertemplatewith all the facts and figures to send toyour local Councillor or waste officer.
Are hired/second hand nappies safe for my baby?
All nappies are professionally cleaned between hires as per the Sanitise method recommended byClean Cloth Nappies.comfor your peace of mind! This involves using dilute bleach solution and/or 95 deg Celcius wash that will eliminate 99.95% of all pathogens.
When should I book this kit? These kits are suitable for newborns less than 12 weeks old and weighing less than 6kgs. Suggest booking your kit at least 1 month before your expected due date. There are over 12 newborn kits available but if they have been booked out for the time you require - you will be refunded. Change of mind after the kit has been picked up or received will NOT be refunded!
When will I receive my hire kit? Your hire kit will be dispatched to be received within 1-3 business days from the start date you have chosen if all information and payments have been received 7 days prior. Please email photos of your washing machine control panel and washing detergent (see recommended list from Cleanclothnappies.com). It may take upto 5-10 business days for your package to arrive by Australia Post or Couriers for Out of state deliveries and during peak times such as Christmas and due to high volume times. Unfortunately postal delays are out of our control. We strongly suggest you have disposable newborn sized nappies as back up for these circumstances.
When do I return the kit? Return of the hire kit is your responsibility. You will need to book a courier such ascouriersplease.com.au or sendle.com.auor drop off your kit at an Australia Post shop or at Nappy Guru HQ in Mount Nasura WA. You have extra 3 days after the hire ends to wash dry pack and send your kit on it's way with tracking information. If you wish to extend your hire you can choose to by coming back here and choosing to extend for $30/week.
When will my bond be returned? Your bond will be returned between 1-14 business days if the nappies are returned in acceptable condition minus any purchases. Refer to Terms and Conditions of hire about acceptable condition which you agree to when purchasing this kit. Nappy Hire Terms & Conditions
Why are there two website for Nappy Hire by The Nappy Guru?thenappyguru.com.au was set up mainly for the nappy hire and nappy workshops and as an education website in Early 2019. For the retail side of the business this shopify site was launched in September 2020. We plan to run both websites side by side until further notice.